Sunday 2 June 2013

A little bimble

I was at a bit of a loose end yesterday so pointed Peanut's handlebars North and took myself off for a little bimble.

After ten miles or so of being overtaken by caravans on the A 10 I decided to hit the B roads instead and doing a bit of sun navigation I tried to head North East.  I finally hit the coast at Blakney which was a bit further East that I had hoped but a great ride none the less.

A fuel stop in Blakney, then it was on to Wells;next-the-sea for chips and a stroll around the town.  It is a few years since I visited and I was pleased to see it thriving.  I was especially pleased to see the harbour being used more with the addition of a floating pontoon for leasure craft.  At the end of the channel there was another development with a dock for comercial craft.  I believe these craft service the off shore wind turbines dotted along the coast.  
  
I will always have a soft spot for Wells as this is where my parents had their second hand book shop.  It is now a gift shop calles Simply Norfolk


Then it was a easy ride home.  147 miles in total.  Peanut ran like a sewing machine and comsumed a staggering £7.60 in petrol.  There were lots of 'power rangers' on the roads but I bet they didnt have have half as much fun as me on the old Cub.

No comments:

Post a Comment