Tuesday 4 August 2015

Boxing


This weekend I tackled the job of boxing in the cable run and water pipe that go along the edge of the floor.  Because the floor was in such wide boards, there was a gap of around 60mm all round the edge.  This meant I had to make something pretty substantial.  I ripped some 25mm pine down to size and put a bit of detail on it with the router.  It does take away a little of the floor space, but doesn't look too bad.

 
 
I bought another sheet of fire board, but unfortunately it arrived in several pieces.
 
 
Luckily, a replacement was sent the following day so I could make the rest of the fire surround.  It wont be fixed or tiled until the heating system has been tested for leaks.
 
 
I also made the plinth that goes under the kitchen units.
 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment