Monday 9 November 2015

Oh fickle me

I planned to tile the back of the fire this weekend.  I decided on a combination of grey 100 x100 tiles and some patterned 200 x200 'feature' tiles.  So this is what I did.


 
 
I looked at it then looked at it some more and then decided that I didn't like it so off they came.
 


 
And I replaced them with just the grey tiles.  Unfortunately, this meant that I did not have enough to finish the side panel.  A job for next weekend.
 
 
Oh and one more thing.  Don't go looking for that bit of tile you dropped behind the stove earlier, once you have lit the fire.  You might burn yourself.  You dozy prat!
 

Next were the sexy red glass tiles for the splash back.  Two high behind the hob and one high behind the sink, glued with good old CT1 on a ply backing.




On went the 'dado' along the left side of the saloon.


And on the other side the 'bureau' was cut and shut to fit.


I have to say that this weekend, the boat was somewhere I wanted to spend time, rather than just somewhere to crash while working on it.  Has an important corner been turned?


 




No comments:

Post a Comment