Thursday 26 February 2015

Delay... Good!

The boat mover is booked for March 22nd and he is hoping to be at Salters Lode Lock on the 27th so as to be one of the first boats thru when it opens again.

I got a call from Whilton today saying that there is a problem with the Alde gas heater and they will need to order a spare part which will delay things for another week.  Good.  As long as it is done by the 22nd that's ok with me.  Until its finished, I don't have to pay for the mooring.  Haha.

I am currently investigating Reflecks stoves as they seem to offer a more convenient heat source for my life style.  I am thinking that when I get home from work, do I really want to be messing around with the previous day's ash and then waiting while the stove warms up.  No.  I like the idea of dropping in a fire lighter, waiting ten minutes, then turning the thing onto 'full'.

No comments:

Post a Comment