Wednesday 30 September 2015

Bricks in the bedroom

On the right hand side of the cabin, beside the bed, there is a boxed in section with a hinged lid.  There is a false bottom in it and storage for not a lot below.  With a 4 foot bed, this leaves very little floor space and I was continually bashing my shins.



So this had to come out.  What was inside?  A curb stone and a dozen house bricks.  The bricks I piled under the side hatch step, but I didn't know what to do with the curb.  Taking it off the boat resulted in the boat developing a noticeable list, so it is clearly needed.  I thought I'd try my luck at breaking it and the gods must have been on my side as it cracked neatly into two pieces.  These should fit in the bottom of the wardrobe and help restore the balance.




My curtains, which were made for me by a very nice lady who did them for pocket money (I did try and give her a decent payment) are hung on 22mm copper pipe reused from the old plumbing.  I bought a bag of 30 drawer knobs on ebay to use as finials, but had a problem fixing them to the pipe.  I tried drilling a 22mm hole in the knobs but they just fell to pieces.  In the end I glued some sections of plastic hose to the knobs which fit in the pipe with a dab of glue to keep them in place.  They just need painting now.




There wont be many more sunny afternoons this year, so Sunday we went for a little cruise up the Little Ouse.  This was Murphy's first time on the boat and although he was a little nervous at first, he soon made himself at home.




No comments:

Post a Comment