Friday 18 September 2015

Heat and a shower tray.

Not a huge amount to show for all the work that has been going on.  Its mostly been prep for the final assault on the heating system.  I have managed to re cycle the bedroom radiator and simply move it from one side to the other.  It now sits beside the bed and should be nice to snuggle upn against in the depths of a winters night.

The radiator that I removed from the bathroom was, at 500mm high a bit too tall to fit between the out and return pipes.  A radiator that sits either above or below the big feed pipes is always going to cause issues with the thermo siphoning system.  Wicks do a very reasonable 300mm high radiator so this was used instead.  Oh, and I decided to spray them green too.

The side wall needed to be paneled and painted before hanging the radiator.  I'm not sure about the colour.  It might turn the bedroom into a tart's boudoir! 


   
I filled the system with water and lit a fire.  Both bathroom and bedroom warmed up, and nothing leaked - well nothing that could not be fixed by a little tweak here and there.

I was very limited on time, hence the lack of pictures so I was not able to get a good fire going.  A system like to need to be heating for many hours to really start functioning as it should, but early indications are that it will work well.

The shower tray that I removed was in a poor state but I have been unable to find a suitable replacement.  The parameters of the shower enclosure are pretty much set so in the end I decided to re use the old tray.  I rubbed it down, filled all the cracks and dings with P38 and painted it with shower tray paint.  The result was better than I expected.



No comments:

Post a Comment