Tuesday 29 March 2016

Unwelcome guests and a table

Some uninvited guests have arrived on board.  Mice have found their way into the space between the roof and the ceiling.  I reckon they came in via one of the mushroom vents.  They are having a wonderful time running around chewing all night.  I can't get a trap up there as there is only about 30mm room.  I did manage to slide a little foil tray of rodent bait into the gap but as yet they don't seem to have touched it.

I like to sit at a table to eat my dinner and have for a while been trying to work out a way of using an off cut of the worktop to make a fold out one.  Its not quite right yet, but the principle seems to work ok.  I'd really like to round the end off but for that I'll need a high quality (expensive) router bit and at the moment I can think of better things to spend my budget on.




Bathroom is the next project.  First job is to get rid of the old pump-out toilet that doesn't pump-out.  I made a start by removing the toilet itself.  The tank remains half full and I will at some point need to don protective clothing and do that by hand. Yuk.



I had planned a weekend cruise but the weather put a stop to that.  I did manage a sneaky half hour before the sun went down on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment