Wednesday 2 March 2016

Worktop repair

The wood I used for my worktop was, in a previous life a kitchen island.  As such it was made up of several sections glued together with biscuit joiners.  Sadly, the piece that over hangs the fire has distorted with the heat and has parted company with the rest of the worktop.



I have, for a while been wondering how to fix this as now that it is all in place, I have no way of clamping it.  In the end, I drilled a hole about three quarters of the way into the wood from beneath and screwed a bolt in to act as an anchor for a ratchet strap.




I'll leave it for a few days and hopefully it will all remain glued where it should be.

In other news, I have at long last started running again.  I'm taking it very slow, following the Couch to 5k program.  Three runs in and I am still alive so I'm doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment