Wednesday 30 January 2013

Leeds

The Leeds road trip is over. 

I wont report on the training course itself except to say that it was interesting to hear how other people do things and to meet others from different University towns.

The hotel Radisson Blu was good and was fitted in an Art Deco style which I must admit is one of my favorite periods.  When we get our boat, it would be nice to do something along those lines... We shall see.

Anyway, here is the bar/dining room.

I have never been to Leeds before and although I only managed to take a very rapid 30 minute walk around the area we stayed in, I was impressed.  I know nothing about architecture but that dosn't stop me from liking it and I loved the mix of grand buildings which I presume were funded by the industrial revolution and the modern icons that fill the speces between them.

I liked this one.

And the 'rusty' Broardcasting tower was untra cool.
Ever the boat spotter, I liked this barge that sits miles away from the water and is now a bar/resturant.  I would have liked to find some history about it but sadly there was none.

Well that was Leeds.  Loved it and I shall go back one day for a good look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment