Monday 4 February 2013

Tropical Fruit Wine.

I have been experimenting with Tesco Everyday Value fruit juice for wine making and after several batches, I think I am on to a winner.  I have been using 'Summer Friuts' and 'Tropical Fruit'.  Both are in the chilled section of Tesco at £1.39 for two litres.

The Summer Fruit makes a nice rose with a hint of strawberry while the Tropical Fruit makes a crisp white with a mango twist.  Cost is about 80p per bottle.

Here is what I do;

2 cartons of juice (4litres)
600g sugar
1/2 teaspoon yeast nutrient
1/2 teaspoon yeast.

This takes about a week to ferment out at 25*c

1/2 teaspoon of stabiliser and a really good de-gas.  I pour the wine from one container to another several times.  This is important or the wine will not clear and have a nasty acid fizz to it.

Add finings and leave to clear in a cool place.  The Tropical Fruit has a lot of 'bits' in it and will need racking off once or twice and maybe a little longer to clear. 

Bottle and enjoy.  Its ready to drink but is better after a couple of weeks in the bottle.

Tropical Fruit Wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment