Tuesday 7 April 2015

Destruction

I started to clear the boat of fittings.  In the forward part, I removed the nasty little shelves and the fixed seating.  I removed the RCD for the 240v ring as this is not part of the off-grid plan.  I also removed the six240v sockets!  The 12v sockets, although the ugly white round 3 pin type, I shall re-use but hide them.









Next, out came the fridge.  This is a good 12v Shoreline model, but it is way too big.  It will go on e-bay to help towards the purchase of a smaller unit.  More sockets and the heavy gauge wire for the fridge.

The engineered floor came up easily to reveal vinyl stuck to the plywood sub floor.  This was a bit disappointing as I had hoped to be able to lift the floor and examine the base plate.  Rather than disturb it all, I shall probably cut a few small holes just to have a look.

The sink unit was very well made unlike everything else and was a bit of a job to remove.  Loads of rusted slotted screws that would not budge.  It did come out eventually.  I managed to bend the gas pipe which was a shame.  It might be alright but having put some strain on the compression fittings, I think I would prefer to replace it for peace of mind.

So thats the front stripped all except for the stove but I want to keep that in place until the weather warms up a bit.  I can work around it until then.






A pile of fire wood and a car full to the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment