Thursday 23 April 2015

More plumbing.

So the plumbing progresses.  Threading the 28mm pipes was difficult.  These things don't flex at all so you have to get it right first time.  Fitting the pipe clips and sliding the pipe through them is just about impossible so I shall have to find some other clips that you can fit over the pipe once its in place.  Also I discovered that my 'big' adjustable spanner is not big enough for the 28mm compression fittings. doh!

I am not sure whether to fit a small radiator or a heated towel rail in the bathroom, and also I am not sure if I should feed it off the top 'out' pipe or the bottom 'return' pipe.  Something that requires a bit more research.  Its no big deal as I can simply cut into either with a 28x28x15mm compression 'tee'.

After much research, I concluded that the calorifier will most likely not get hot by gravity alone.  I bought a tiny 6w pump from SolarProject and have plumbed it into the calorifier feed.  Hopefully, running the pump for an hour or so will push enough hot water from the back boiler through the calorifier to give me a tank of hot water.  well, that's the theory anyway.  The rest of the system should thermo-syphon ok without assistance.

The Alde gas boiler is up and running giving me a tank of hot water in about 40 minutes.  So at least I can wash my hands!

Having reviewed my carpentry skills, I have decided to use a ready made kitchen, so the next task was to move the water pump and pressure vessel out of the way.  The best place for the pump is at the feed from the water tank, at the front of the cabin.  Where the stove currently sits.


With the stove gone and the hearth removed, I was able to move the pump to it's new home.


The electrical feed to the socket is only temporary at the moment.  The whole thing will be boxed in at a later date.  Gone are the purple tiles!  Shame.  Not.                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment