Thursday 23 April 2015

Kitchen

The 'kitchen' will be a simple L shape. 1100mm x 1400mm.  I wanted to clear the area, and have all the pipework in place, ready for the units, next time I visit.  I had to re-route the gas pipe slightly and replace the section that I damaged removing the old cabinets.  This I did, but I also found that one of the nuts on the cooker isolation valve has been cross threaded in the past, so although I fitted it in place, I will replace it next visit.




So that is all ready.  I just need to fit the next sections of 28mm copper pipe - when I've got a bigger spanner!                                                                                                                                                   

The collar on the stove fell to bits when I removed it.  The flue is in a similar state.  Unfortunately, I found a hairline crack in the top of the stove itself.  This was a bit disappointing as I had made up my mind to re-use the Squirrel.  I am now unsure if I should or not,  as I don't want to  go to the trouble of installing the thing, only to find it is falling to bits.


                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment