Thursday 23 April 2015

Something decorative

After all the destruction and preparation, I thought I deserved something that would give me an idea of the finished article and give me the inspiration I need to get back in that hole and finish the plumbing. 

I wanted to panel the lower walls and after much on-line searching, I found that Homebase offered the best deal on what I wanted - especially if you shop on one of their 10% days.  While I was there I picked up a couple of packs of 5mm dense foam underlay to use behind the MDF panels.  I am not sure how much extra insulation this will provide, but for what it cost and the additional few minutes it takes to stick on, I thought it might be worth it.  I wanted to trial the adhesive before I bought a bulk load, (you use a lot with this stuff) and was pleased to find that Screwfix No nonsense seems to do the job ok.

The foam and the panels went up very quickly and easily with plenty of glue and a small screw in each corner.  I even splashed a bit of paint around, just to see how it might look when finished.





No comments:

Post a Comment