Wednesday 22 April 2015

Plumbing

I quite like the idea of plumbing;  Planning a neat system with precise bends and perfectly constructed joints.  I can do that.  But the reality is cramming yourself in a cupboard fighting with pipe that doesn't want to go where you want it to, and fittings that refuse to stop leaking no matter what you do.   But it had to be done.

First, out came the huge 75 litre calorifier.

 
And I drained the rusty sludge that filled the system.
 
 
The bathroom rad came out.  I shall re-use this, maybe in the bedroom.
 
 
The existing pipework was 22mm.  I am replacing this with 28mm and this posed a bit of a problem since I could no longer use the old pipe runs.  Unfortunately, the pipes run behind the shower panel, so this had to come off too.  I had hoped to leave the bathroom intact until later but that's not happening.                                                                                                                   
 


 
 
The new 22 litre calorifier could then be fitted in the cupboard and plumbed in.
 
 
 
Its not all done but the Alde is connected and I can at least wash my hands in hot water.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment